10 Dumb Things People Do on the Fourth of July
July 1, 2019 Posted by Y2 Yoga Blog
4th of July is THE major summer holiday. It’s a great excuse to bring family and friends together, grill out, and play with explosives. We shall wear American Flag printed clothes, and get so much sun, that our skin matches the stripes on our flag.
A moment of silence for those who sunburn instead of tan.
While this day has a great meaning other than bbq’s and fireworks, those things bring us all together.
“America is a tune. It must be sung together.” – Gerald Stanley Lee
I’m sure all of you will have a glorious day, filled with all the people you love… but we can pretty much guarantee some stupidity will arise on this day. Here is a list of 10 incredibly DUMB things people will do on the 4th of July.
- Hurt themselves with fireworks. If you didn’t already know… fireworks are very, very dangerous.
- Hurt others with fireworks. We repeat… very dangerous.
- Try to talk politics with friends and/or family. DO NOT do this. Arguments will arise. We warned you.
- Drink themselves stupid. – Self explanatory
- Eat too much. We mean TOOOOO much. Just because there are 27 burgers stacked up by the self-serving station, doesn’t mean you have to take half of them.
- Try to show off the yoga poses they learned at Y2, however they’ve already completed #4, so they make a complete fool of themselves. No one wants to see you do mountain climber…. no one.
- Try to do a cool dive in the pool but end up doing one of those really loud belly flops everyone can hear so they all gasp and go, “oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh…”. One of the most embarrassing things you can do poolside. We suggest you perfect your diving skills before the day, or… just like your yoga poses… save them for later.
- Post an instagram photo of them wrapping themselves in the American Flag and hashtag: #letfreedomring… Yes, because patriotism was the ultimate goal for this post…
- Burn their finger on one of those sparklers people buy when they can’t get their hands on some real fireworks. Who else get’s really scared when the spark gets really close to your fingers??… Just us?… Okay.
- Not practice yoga before the festivities. Probably the dumbest one of them all. Why? Because it’s easily avoidable. We are OPEN and the schedule is posted!!! We hope to see you before you begin your Independence Day plans. Make at least one smart decision on this day.