Y2 Yoga - 200 Hour Advanced Yoga Studies
What Will You Learn?
- Yoga Asana
- Ashtanga Method
- Y2 Power Yoga Method
- Pranayama: Energy Expansion and Energy Control
- Meditation Techniques: Mindfulness, Visualization, Japa
- Ayurveda: The Sister Science of Yoga
- Pancha Maya Koshas
- Sanskrit Studies
- The Energetics of Asana
- Yoga Ethics
- Yoga For All Bodies
- History of Yoga
- Philosophy: Vedanta, Yoga, Samkhya, Tantra
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: Both The Study Of and The Practices Within The Sutras
- The Business of Yoga
- Empowerment: Find Your Voice and Presence
- Empowerment: How To Hold The Space For Others
- Anatomy: Deep Dive Into Anatomy That Yoga Teachers Need
- Assisting: Hands On and Verbal
- Posture Clinic: Common Misconceptions and Truths About Alignment
- Practicum: Assist and Observe During Class
- The Art of Cuing: how to say less and mean more
- How to sequence a yoga class
- Voice, Cadence, & Tempo
- Music: Create The Energy Flow Of Your Class
- The Gift of Feedback: How To Give and Receive
- And So Much More!!
EARLY BIRD PRICING
Get $300 off if paid in FULL by 12/31/22
Secure your spot and make your $500 deposit now.
200 Hour Advanced Yoga Studies Winter Schedule
Our Winter 200 Hour Advanced Yoga Studies is focused on Power yoga and Ashtanga yoga. It is completed over the course of 8 weekend immersions.
Course weekends take place Friday 6pm – 9pm and 8am - 6pm on Saturdays and Sundays (with a lunch break given).
Winter 2023 Dates
Our Summer 200 Hour Advanced Yoga Studies is focused on Power yoga and Ashtanga yoga. It is completed over the course of 5 weekend immersions.
Course weekends take place Thursday 6pm – 9pm and 8am - 6pm on Friday, Saturday and Sundays (with a lunch break given).
Summer 2023 Dates
*In order to graduate, attendance is required for the entirety of each weekend. Absences planned in advanced will be excused but must make up assignments must be completed prior to graduation. 20 hours of observation and/or classroom assist time is required.
Top 5 reasons to do Y2 Advanced Yoga Studies
- Free unlimited yoga while you are in this program.
- Learn from Johnna Smith, whom is 1 of just 60 people in the USA a level 2 Authorized Ashtanga teacher. Learn the roots of power yoga by studying the Ashtanga yoga system, an invaluable tool for deepening your personal practice as well as your understanding of yoga should you wish to teach.
- Learn from Tanner, the Founder of Y2 Yoga and creator of its’ signature style. Tanner grew Y2 Yoga from its roots in a small studio space into what is considered one of the largest studios in the country. Find out what it took, what worked and what didn’t.
- If you have already completed a 200-hour teacher training with Y2 or somewhere else, no problem! We will give you a $500 discount.
- Meet and form a bond with a group of people that will be a part of your life forever.
- Radical personal transformation that you never even dreamed was possible, igniting your life in a positive way!
Meet Your 200 Hour Advanced Studies Instructors
Tanner Bazemore: Tanner is the owner of Y2 Yoga and the creator of the signature style of power yoga that is taught at Y2. A 15-year veteran of the fitness industry, Tanner became a certified personal trainer in 2002 and completed yoga teacher training with Grace Morales in 2008. Tanner has also completed Thai Massage Practitioner Training with Saul David Raye.
Tanner’s knowledge of anatomy, sequencing and assisting is unmatched. Tanner also has a knack for adding comedic relief to teacher training at just the right time.
Johnna Smith: From Charlotte, North Carolina, Johnna (500-ERYT) is a Level 1 Certified ParaYoga® Instructor through founder, YogaRupa Rod Stryker. She is also a Certified Baptiste Teacher®. Her studies and passion has, ongoing for the last 10 years, taken her to India to practice with the late, legendary Guru Sri. K. Pattabhi Jois, and his grandson R. Sharath, of Mysore.
Johnna teaches locally and internationally, connecting people to the powerful and sweet teachings of Tantra, Ashtanga and Power Yoga. “Our divine birthright is Joy.” She roots this ancient message within her workshops, master classes and co-lead advanced yoga studies. Her mission is to awaken the world to the yogic teachings, to awaken each dormant heart, and inspire everyone.
Common Roadblocks and Why They Shouldn't Hold you Back
What Past Graduates are Saying...
“This 200-hr program transformed my perception of what I’m capable of, as a practitioner, as a teacher, and simply as a human making her way through life.”– Katie Toussaint
“The Y2 Advanced Yoga Studies program was truly life changing. Many programs teach you a lot about yoga. However, the Y2 program is unparalleled in the knowledge and experience of its instructors in yoga philosophy, anatomy, and what it takes to be an amazing leader. I graduated with the knowledge and ability to lead a class that people will love and return to again and again. And more importantly, I learned so much about myself and how to be happy and follow my bliss. Thank you Tanner, Jen and Johnna!”-ML Stewart
“I really wanted to do Advanced Yoga Studies but I was scared to sign up because I had not been practicing yoga all that long and was afraid I wasn’t “good enough.” Y2 Advanced Yoga Studies has nothing to do with your skill in yoga, but your willingness to learn, your love for the practice, and a desire to grow. The best part about the program is the knowledge, support, and guidance we received from Johnna, Tanner and Jen — I can’t imagine doing a 200-hr anywhere other than Y2. It is the best thing I have ever done for myself.” -Pippi Gandy
“As a wife, a mother of three young kids and living two hours away made me question my motives for driving from Asheville to take yoga Advanced Yoga Studies at Y2. I chose that drive because a previous teacher had taken this course and I loved his style of teaching. After the first half day of class, I knew this was the best decision I had made for myself. It changed my life in ways I hadn’t expected. Not only did it enhance my yoga practice but it helped me gain a better appreciation of self love – it helped me learn how to share this passion with others and it pushed me to my limits. This was all because of Y2’s owner, teachers and other students. When you love what you do, it is obvious and this was evident throughout my time at Y2.” – Lynn Roberts
“Advanced Yoga Studies at Y2 Yoga was an unexpected journey of discovering me. I thought it would be about deepening my practice…I had no real plan to teach. But everything changed. I had to drop the person I thought I was supposed to be, to become who I was meant to be. As the first weekend of the course came to a close I thought, ‘that’s it, that was worth all of it’…and it was just the beginning.”– Dana Starensier
“Advanced Yoga Studies at Y2 is the best investment I have ever made in myself. I met the most amazing people who helped me deepen my practice and let go of my fears. This experience has given me the confidence to pursue my dreams of living a new life doing the things I love. I moved to the lowcountry and launched a website to sell my art and support the preservation of the marsh.” – Janet Johnson
“This program was one of the best experiences of my life. Tanner is a gifted teacher with a wealth of knowledge in anatomy and sequencing. He is fierce and passionate – one of the most authentic people I’ve ever known. Johnna has the biggest, most beautiful spirit. She’ll wring you out, lift you up and embrace you just as you are.” – Janaki Gooty