Issues with your tissues? You need a massage!
YOU NEED A MASSAGE!
And it should be at Savasana Spa and Oasis 😉
At Y2 Yoga, we are advocates of taking care of yourself from all angles – physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. And although you know we love our yoga, yoga is just one of the many facets of self-care that you can practice to maintain a healthy, happy and balanced life. We want to promote healthy habits off the mat – such as eating food that nourishes your body and mind, getting ample sleep to recharge and reset, meditation to keep you sane and body work, like massages or physical therapy, to restore and tune up your physical body.
We totally get that most people book massages for special occasions or maybe on a day where the feel inclined to “splurge,” but here is the thing – massages are NECESSARY for sustaining a well-rounded, balanced body. We want you to get out of the mindset of “I’ll treat myself to a massage” and into the mindset of “I have to get a monthly massage for my well being.” To assist you in changing your mindset, let’s look at some of the benefits of massage therapy!
There is tons of research on why massage is so amazing for your body and mind…here are a few of our favorite reasons!
- Alleviates pesky aches and pains. Who doesn’t want to feel better in their body? This benefit is especially awesome for our yogis who are super physically active both on and off the mat…as well as those of us who sit long hours at a desk!
- Strengthens your immune system. One of the benefits of massage is that it leads to an increase in the circulation of white blood cells,” says Mark Rapaport, M.D., a professor and chair of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at Emory University in Atlanta, These are commonly called “killer cells” because they serve as your body’s primary defense against more serious infections.
- Aids in faster, natural recovery.
- Increased mental awareness. One study showed that following a 15-minute chair massage, brain waves changed in the direction of heightened alertness. In fact, study participants were able to perform math computations twice as fast and with twice the accuracy.
- Improves sleep. A lack of serotonin has been linked to sleepless nights, and since massage helps spike levels of the snooze-worthy chemical, it can help you doze off.
- Melts away stress and anxiety.
- Reduces and prevents body injuries.
- Relieves tension headaches.
Indulge Memberships at Y2 Yoga make regular massage affordable and accessible!
Like with most practices and products, you have to test it out before you can see and feel the benefits. We promise you, one you start making time for regular massages – you won’t turn back! Luckily, we have a spa right upstairs so you can knock out your yoga and your massage therapy all in one place.
We want to make having a regular massage as accessible as possible at Savasana Spa. That’s why we offer a monthly membership that gives you one massage per month at a discounted price PLUS discounts on additional massage services. Not only that, our perks and terms are far superior to what you’ll find at other spas in the area.
Don’t wait any longer to start incorporating massages into your lifestyle. Trust us and many PhD’s out there when we say the benefits FAR exceed the cost.