5 Reasons to do Something That Scares You
September 23, 2019 Posted by Y2 Yoga Blog
Such a terrifying concept. It’s not tangible, but it is real. And whether or not you believe this, fear is both good and bad. If we didn’t feel fear, we wouldn’t be able to protect ourselves from legitimate threats. It can also bring out the fight or flight response within all of us.
“Fear keeps us alive.” – unknown
So, whether we like it or not, fear is with us and along for the ride. And it’s up to us to decide if fear is going to withhold us from doing the things we want, or make us jump into action to destroy it.
“Courage is not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it.” – Nelson Mandela
Fear comes from uncertainty. So once you move past the fact that you won’t know until you try, it gets a little easier. Here’s 5 reasons why to do something that scares you.
- You will always wonder, “what if”. If you decide to walk away from something that terrifies you, makes your stomach fill up with butterflies or knots, you’ll walk away and think to yourself, “But what if I decided to go for it??? What would’ve happened???” Walk away with #noregrets.
- You can’t have success without failure. Failing is a step towards success. You have to make mistakes to grow. The longer you put off failure, the longer you’re just delaying your growth and success. Get ready to fall down a few times, get excited. You’re getting closer to greatness!!!
- If you’re afraid, it means you actually care. If it doesn’t scare the sh*t out of you, you’re probably not dreaming big enough. Don’t make your life boring. You were NOT meant to go through the motions. You were supposed to take risks, go after things you want, create the life you have always wanted.
- Out of fear, change is born. Okay, so lets say you are really really scared to do something. Sh*t your pants, cry and call your mom scared. And then, you actually take a deep breath and go for it. Success or not, you just conquered a fear of yours, and you’ll be changed for the better. That’s a win win, my friend.
- It’s empowering AF (as f*ck!). We promise you, facing your fears, running into the fire, throwing caution to the wind, and trusting yourself and the universe that everything is going to be okay, is bada**!!! Your confidence is going to soar, you’ll feel stronger, you’ll be stronger. You’ll thank yourself when you look back at all your hardships and accomplishments.
This is how you’ll feel after facing your fears and going after what you really want:
We also have 2 tools to help you get there. And we are putting them below. Y2’s always got your back.