5 Things You Didn’t Know About Yoga Teacher Training
July 30, 2020 Posted by Y2 Yoga Blog
“One is never afraid of the unknown; one is afraid of the known coming to an end.” – Krishnamurti
This blog is here to tell you that the nerves, doubts, and anxious #feels you have about yoga teacher training are unnecessary! Keep calm, get excited, and don’t let your thoughts control you! If you’re still iffy about teacher training, let us shed some light on why you absolutely shouldn’t be. Here’s at least 5 facts about teacher training (well, at least Y2’s teacher training) that might surprise you, and help you come to a decision on whether or not you want to embark on this epic adventure.
- There are people from ALL walks of life in Teacher Training. We’ve had tradings with 19 year old college students, to moms and dads with kids and guess what? No matter how many things they DIDN’T have in common, they were ALL connected by the desire to learn more, do more, and be more. Don’t give up on an opportunity just because you may believe your time has passed or it’s not yet to come… there is no such thing.
- Experience does NOT matter. Seriously. We can’t stress this enough – you don’t have to be a yoga expert or even know how to do downward facing dog to take yoga teacher training. That’s like saying you can’t go to school because you don’t know anything. The point is to learn! If you’re an expert yogi who knows everything about everything, then you’ve probably already taken teacher training! There is no part of training where we’ll ask you to do anything physically advanced, and we are here to teach you!
- You’ll make friends – lots of ’em. Not only will you make long lasting friendships with your fellow trainees, but you’ll soon start to learn the names of faces you see around the studio. Before you know it, you’ll be apart of our big supportive Y2 fam.
- The goal of Teacher Training is NOT to become a teacher. We know it’s called “TEACHER Training”, however, it’s about diving deep into the practice of yoga, understanding it, and learning more about what it means to you, and everyone around you. You’re going to experience personal growth and development, growth in your physical practice, and learn how to sequence and teach a class too!
- You WILL experience all the feels. You’ll be deep diving into self-exploration, so expect to experience some tears and breakthroughs. However, trust us when we say that the lugs you’ll have will outweigh the heaviness.
We will leave you with just one more fact of teacher training…..
There is never a right time.
If you’re waiting for the right time to take teacher training, guess what? You are looking right at it. Go for it.