5 Ways To Change Up Your Flow
June 23, 2020 Posted by Y2 Yoga Blog
Feel like you’re running in place?
Going in circles? Even if you aren’t bored in quarantine yet, changing things up in the smallest way can help a ton. You’ll feel like a whole new person! Trust us. Here are 5 ways you can keep flowing, but add just a slight change to spice things up:
- Y2 in Reverse. Do you know how to Y2 flow yet? We start with a 30 minute warm up of small sequences with breaks in between them, then do ab work, and finally begin our standing series. How about try going backwards. Of course, still begin in Child’s Pose, however do the standing series first, then tackle our warm up. If you’re not familiar with our Y2 style just yet, check out our on demand classes! Take note and start flowing!
- Change the temperature. Have you been doing “cold yoga” (you hot yoga lovers know what we mean). If so, try checking out our blog on How to Create the Perfect Heated at Home Yoga Studio! However, if you been going crazy with the heat, maybe try and tone it down just a bit. You’d be surprised at how much more you can do before you fall back into Child’s.
- Change your environment. Been practicing inside all the time? Go outside and roll out your mat!
- Change the style of music. Have you ever tried to do a vigorous workout to slow, relaxing music…? We dare you. Maybe even try no music at all. Either way, bring something new to the playlist!
- Do 30 minutes of yoga, and 30 minutes of body weight exercises. It can be good to divide your workout into two separate styles of movement to make sure you work all your muscles. Check out this list of easy and challenging body weight exercises.