Do These Things and You’ll Be More Motivated Than Ever
August 7, 2020 Posted by Y2 Yoga Blog
Let’s get real for a second. No matter how much we may love our lives, work, day to day routines and activities, there always comes a point where you can feel overwhelmed, tired, and stuck in a rut. It may seem like the only option you have is to give up and take a nap for a week … or a month. But we all know that sometimes, running away isn’t an option. If you’re ever feeling stuck, lazy, unmotivated, and tired as f*ck, these 10 things should help you keep going:
- Get active. We know you might already be tired. But just going for a walk everyday, or getting your yoga flow on at least 3 days a week can be extremely beneficial to not just your physical health, but your mental health as well. Have you ever heard us say “How you show up on your mat, is how you’ll show up in your own life.”? Probably many times, because it’s TRUE! If you’re testing your boundaries and pushing yourself to the max on your mat or at the gym, we can almost guarantee you’ll ask yourself, “What more am I capable of?”. The answer is a lot. #MindBodyConnection
- Motivational quotes. You might think this is silly. But they are so beneficial. Read a few and find one that speaks to you, and use it as your mantra.
Understand your why.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born, and the day you find out why.” – Mark Twain
Figure out what your purpose is, and what truly drives you. If your eyes light up when you talk about something or think of something. Use that and run with it.
4. Baby steps. Creating one giant goal might be too overwhelming. For example, let’s say you are in a giant mansion and every single room is a huge disaster. You think your goal should be to clean the house. But it’s HUGE. Start with the living room. Focus on making the living room spotless. Then, go into the master bedroom and start with making the bed. Tiny goals and baby steps can help narrow your focus down to one thing at a time.
5. Meditate. We’re a yoga studio, so of course we think that meditation and breathing practices have a huge benefit. Medication can help you find some much needed rest and relaxation. Our brand are constantly in overdrive, jumping from one thought to another. Overthinking and non-stop fast paced work can and will leave you burned out. Shut up, lie down, and close your eyes. If you’re at work and sitting in front of a computer, just sit up, relax your shoulders, and calm down. Begin to take slow deep breaths. Thoughts creeping in? Push them out. Save them for later. Your brain needs to reset.
6. Vision boards! It doesn’t have to look perfect and be on a giant poster with glitter and Elmers glue. Envision the plans you have for your future. This should excite you! Go make it happen!
7. Get an accountability buddy. The people who challenge you, push you, make you laugh, and love you can be there to keep you in check and put some positive motivation into your life. For example, if you tell them you’ve got a goal to go on 5 job interviews every 2 weeks, or practice yoga 4 times a week, congrats! You just signed up for peer pressure! Don’t just talk the talk!
8. Focus on your big picture. Don’t forget to glance over at your vision board every now and then!
9. Write sh*t down. Have an idea? A thought? Jot it down. Journaling is a great way to figure out where you’re at mentally (#MentalHealthCheck) and to save those thoughts and ideas for later so you don’t have to work so hard to remember that one amazing idea or thing that you’ve just got to do!
10. Have the time of your life. Live it up! If you make everything fun, and love what you do, it’s much easier to stay on track.