Holiday Gift Guide – REVERSED
December 16, 2019 Posted by Y2 Yoga Blog
“Happiness doesn’t result from what we get, but what we give.” – Ben Carson
If that’s the case, then we better make sure each of our loved ones get an amazing gift. Our plan was to give you a holiday gift guide, with suggestions on what to get people for Christmas. However, there are so many of those out there, and we thought it would be much better to give you a list of things you should absolutely NOT give to people… ever.
We made the list, YOU need to check it twice.
- Romance novels. We all love a good love story, but whoever has to open “50 Shades of Grey” in front of their friends and family, is going to be 50 shades of red.
- Cash. Kids and teens might want cash, but giving grown adults a wad of dollar bills is just awkward.
- Wrinkle cream. How about a nice seasonally scented lotion instead?
- A knife. A new set of cutlery would be the perfect gift for the chef in your family or someone who just moved into a new place, but don’t just gift one big knife… that’s creepy.
- Lingerie. If you’re gifting it to your significant other, that’s romantic (if opened in a private setting). If you’re gifting it to your niece, that’s weird.
- Socks. Come on. You can do better.
- Shapewear. Don’t be cruel.
- Souvenirs. Did they visit this place??? If not, then they probably don’t need a tacky magnet or keychain to commemorate your experience.
We hope this gives you a sense of direction in your Christmas shopping endeavors.