The Best Ways to Get Into the Halloween Spirit
October 15, 2019 Posted by Y2 Yoga Blog
Time flies… especially this time of year.
Don’t blink or you’ll miss out of some of the most amazing things coming our way (aka all holidays leading up to the new year)!
With busy schedules, things to get done, work, yoga, family, life (… need we say more?), sometimes the holidays can slip through our fingers and we miss out on all these great things.
So, to help you get in the Halloween mood, here’s a list of things you MUST do during the month of October:
- Start by listening to some Halloween music. Did you see our playlist from last week?? This will for sure remind you that the heat of summer is gone, the leaves are falling, and it’s time to carve jack-o-lanterns.
- Decorate for Halloween. Even if it’s some simple things you found at Target (they have a pretty decent Halloween section). Need ideas? Click this.
- Watch a Scary Movie. Do you know how many good horror films have come out in the last few years??? Pop some popcorn, dim the lights, and scare the sh*t out of yourself. Here’s a list of some scary movies for you to look at. And don’t forget the classic, Halloween (link to newest film).
- Carve pumpkins. Now, don’t just go to your nearest grocery store and grab a few pumpkins there. First, go purchase a fall themed drink at Starbucks (doesn’t have too be pumpkin spice), go to a nearby pumpkin patch (here’s a list of some in Charlotte), pick out a few good looking ones, then go home and carve the scariest face you can. Ideas for the perfect jack-o-lantern are here.
- Visit a Haunted House. What better way to get into the scary spirit??? Find the nearest one, take a deep breath, and face your fears!
- Purchase Halloween themed candy (so…. candy.. buy candy) and eat it. Getting a stomach ache from eating too many pumpkin shaped Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and Twizzlers has become an accidental tradition for all of us.
- Go Trick or Treating. You are never too old to go out and beg for free candy.