Things To Do While Quarantined!
March 19, 2020 Posted by Y2 Yoga Blog
Hopefully not. However, if you are, or if you want to get creative during your time of isolation, here’s a list of a few things that might spark your interest:
- Re-establish some hope and make a list of all the things you’re going to do when this is all over. Because let’s be optimistic here… this can’t last forever. Someday soon you’ll be going to your favorite overcrowded mall or restaurant then hitting up the movie theater afterwards.
- Start a family gratitude jar. It’s easy and it shifts your focus onto what you have to be grateful for in your life instead of what may be lacking. Doing this as a family can lead to great dinner discussions and have a HUGE positive impact on what really matters in life.
- Make the *perfect* cocktail. Since you’re already stocked up on alcohol (and we’re not talking about the sanitary kind), why not experiment with some classic recipes? Anyone up for a Manhattan or Old Fashioned?
- Create a scrapbook of 2019 memories. If you feel like crying, whip up a beautiful masterpiece of all your pre-COVID-19 memories and reminisce on the good ol’ days (like when the isles over runneth with and endless supply of 2-ply toilet paper…..).
- Make your own at-home gym. This is the first time everyone’s telling you to stay away from gyms and fitness centers. Make space for all your workout items… especially your yoga mat… because we’ve got online classes coming your way soon! Need some workout tips? Here are two of our favorite locals that you can follow on Insta for great ideas on how to stay in shape: @PaulSlarxfit and @SandySklarxfit
- Write the next Great American Novel. Shakespeare wrote “King Lear” during a plague outbreak that shut down theaters… so… what are you doing? This is your chance!
- Annoy your neighbor and learn a new instrument. Kill two birds with one stone.
- Clean. There is probably a router, drawer, cabinet, or closet that looks something like this. Now is a great time to go through all those unopened envelopes, organize and get all Maria Kundo on that sh!t.
- Sleep. Sleep is literally a super power and you don’t get enough of it! Check out this Ted Talk on just how important sleep REALLY is!
We hope your life in quarantine is going well. Stay safe, stay happy, and stay healthy. We’ll see you on social media, and in person when this whole mess comes to an end. Happy Isolation!