We Dare You
March 24, 2020 Posted by Y2 Yoga Blog
How’s quarantine life treating you?
We miss you very much. We also want to make sure you stay moving. Just because we have to practice social distancing now more than ever, doesn’t mean we should stop living our lives! We know it can be difficult to stick to our regular routines when we are asked to avoid offices and schools, and chill at home. Now that we’re about to launch our very first Y2 On Demand Streaming Service (it’s going to be EPIC), we need to remind you that yes, rest is essential, binge watching Netflix and eating all your quarantine snacks can be good for you, in small quantities. Checking things off your to-do list, and getting some type of movement in during the day, is essential for your health too! So, to make things slightly easier for you, we are going to play a game with you. We’re going to call it truth or dare – BUT – there’s a catch. It’s only dare (we’re allowed to cheat). Scroll through this list and complete every single one of these dares and we can guarantee, you will have #NoRegrets completing each of these challenges. It’s for your own good. We promise. *** You CANNOT move on to the next dare until you complete the one above it*** We obviously can’t monitor you so, honor system yogis.
- Where ever you are, get into downward facing dog, and give us 5 chaturanga’s (high plank, low plank, upward facing dog, downward facing dog).
- Either un-load, or load your dishwasher. If you load your dishwasher, run it. You’re welcome.
- Hold a forearm plank for 30 seconds.
- Walk outside, stay out there for 5 minutes minimum. Ahhhh, fresh air… nature… feels good doesn’t it? We hope the weather’s nice wherever you are!
- If your dryer has dry clean clothes, fold and put away 10 items. If your dryer was empty and your washer is full, put the items from the washer, into the dryer. Washer empty too?? Grab all dirty clothes, and stick them into the washer and run it. Again, you’re welcome.
- Drink a glass of water. Stay hydrated!
- Take child’s pose and stay there for 3 minutes. Close your eyes. Breathe. Relax.
- Wipe down your kitchen counter.
- Do this yoga flow: downward facing dog, right leg 3 point, take a bend, cheetah, 3 point, chaturanga, repeat on the left side, once you’re back in downward facing dog come high on your toes, bend your knees, walk, step, or jump to the top, halfway lift, forward fold, tadasana rise.
- Congratulations! You got a few things done today! Have a quarantine snack.
We miss you! Keep flowing, and keep washing your hands. Namaste.