What’s Your Mantra
February 21, 2020 Posted by Y2 Yoga Blog
Do you have a mantra? Do you even know what a mantra is?
Mantra: a word or sound repeat to aid in concentration in meditation and/or a statement or slogan repeated frequently.
Despite what you might think, mantras can actually help you with a lot of things:
- Motivate and strengthen you to achieve your goals daily, weekly, and throughout your life.
- Improve your mental strength and positivity.
- Alleviate stress.
- Guide you to be the person you want and need to be.
- Help you discover who you are.
- Help you realize what you truly want out of life.
- A lot more.
All you do is pick a simple quote or a few words that speak to you and you remind yourself of those words daily, or write them down somewhere you know you’ll see daily (ex: sticky note on your friends, dry erase marker on your mirror, phone lock screen … you get the point) if you want to take it a step further, you can mediate each day repeating the words over and over again in your head or out loud. It can be as simple as thinking about these words as you’re driving (just don’t actually close your eyes and meditate on the highway…). With all that being said, a mantra can be difficult to come up with. Seriously, one sentence (or two) that has everything you need to hear to help you grow as a person??? Impossible. We’re sure you have tons of quotes you know and love, but to pick just one to focus on consistently? You can find one online, or make one up yourself, but to spark your creativity, we put together a list of 10 mantra’s you can use. Once you pick one, click the button at the bottom to read a quick article on how to keep your mantra and use it properly so it benefits your life in every way.
10 Mantra options:
- Expect nothing, appreciate everything
- Don’t say maybe if you want to say no
- Whatever you hold in your mind on a consistent basis, is exactly what you will experience in your life
- Everyday is a second chance
- Commit. Succeed.
- Die with memories, not dreams
- I am free from sadness
- Do no harm, but take no sh*t
- Dont be afraid to give up the good and go for the great
- Shut Up & Flow (we had to)